Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today we embark

Esubalew, Karla, her two Ethiopian daughters and I leave today for Ethiopia. We'll arrive in Addis Abeba Tuesday at 8:30 in the morning, no doubt exhausted already by the flight. We each carry the maximum allowed luggage, 115 lbs of luggage per person, filled to the hilt with humanitarian aid supplies. We'll be buying more things when we get there, like walking canes for the blind, etc. I got my camera and batteries ready, a tent to pitch, sleeping bag, mat and everything else I'll need for a rugged backwoods experience. Ethiopia, BRING YOUR WORST!

The existence of the internet permitting, I'll keep you updated as we go along this incredible journey.

Thanks for tuning in!

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I'm proud of you for doing such awesome and meaningful work! Hope you have a safe and incredible journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at this quite some time ago, and I meant to post a comment. It was so awesome to hear about the trip. I met Esubalew in the Denver airport at the start of his journey. It was an amazing story and I am so glad he shared it with me. It was awesome to be able to read about how the trip went and see the pictures!! Thank you!
    Jane
    janedarlene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete